- Build Your Own Stage and Sell From It Summit
- Created 2 months 21 hours ago
- Organizer Michael Whitehouse
- Business Areas
- Business Marketing
- Timezone: Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Event date(s): -
Registration ends: Tue, Feb 6, 2024 6:00 PM (3 weeks 1 day ago)
One of the most powerful ways to sell your program or product is to get on stage…
…if you do it the right way.
And one of the most reliable ways to get on stage is to build your own stage…
…if you do it the right way.
This is an event for those looking to use the stage to sell their programs and services. We are seeking speakers who can speak about…
- Selling from stage
- Getting booked on stages
- Stage confidence
- Engaging from the stage
- Virtual and live event planning
- Virtual and live event marketing
- Running better events
- and related topics.
- Promote the event and generate a minimum of 10 opt-ins
- Attend for at least 2 hours in addition to your speaking time
- Actively engage with other speakers and participants throughout the event
Please set aside the time to attend when you apply. Normally we send out approvals 1 month prior to the event, but if you would like an early review of your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are accepted and decline to speak, it will be considered when evaluating future applications.
To learn more about being a speaker at an Awesome Virtual Interactive Event™, visit https://www.summits.fun/speakers
Your Speaker Experience
This event is produced by Michael Whitehouse, and Michael creates events that are fun, engaging, exciting, and valuable to the audience and the speakers. This is not a “watch with your camera off while you do something else” event. This is not a “drop in, give your talk, and leave” event. This is an interactive event!
We want to create an event that you will enjoy speaking at and get value from. More interaction is always better than less interaction. That keeps the energy up in the room, keeps the audience engaged, and makes it more fun for you.
You are welcome to offer your gift (the one you put in the application) during your talk as long as it is low key and not pitchy. Offering good. Infomercial bad.
15 minutes is not a lot of time to go deep, so you are welcome to invite the audience to a follow up event where you can do much more in depth on your topic. It is required that your talk during our event provide valuable, actionable information. It is recommended that your follow up event do the same as well, and not simply be a pitch to sell something without offering more value during that event.
Live and Pre-recorded Speakers
During the event, we will have 8-10 live speakers, each speaking 15 minutes each. We will also have as many as 5 pre-recorded speakers.
Pre-recorded speakers will provide us with a 10 minute video of their talk. This video will be sent out to everyone registered for the event in the run up to the event. You are then welcome and encouraged to attend the event live to interact with those who watched your talk in our breakouts, Q&A, hotseat and other engagement sessions.
If you would like to participate but are unable to attend live, you are welcome to apply and note on the application that you would like to be a pre-recorded speaker.
Important: pre-recorded talks are not sent out until and unless you have achieved the promotion requirement.
Pre-Event Speaker Meet-Up
In our experience, one of the greatest forms of value our speakers get is the connection with other speakers. They have found clients, vendors, mentors, partners, and friends among their fellow speakers.
To facilitate this, we will be hosting a 90 minute, pre-event speaker meetup on January 25th at 5 PM EST.
This is not required, but is highly recommended because of the value it will provide for you.
The event will be a live, Zoom-based event running 11 AM to 5 PM Eastern Time.
We're aiming for engagement. We want an event where people feel they are part of something, not where they feel like they are watching a YouTube video.
This means that we'll have interactive activities. It means we encourage interactive presentations.
It also means that we encourage speakers to be there for as much of the event as possible because you'll be making some connections while you're there. (Live speakers are required to attend for at least 2 hours of the event)
Speaking slots will be 15 minutes, or, if your presentation is interactive we give you an extra 5 minutes for a total of 20.
The interactive block following your talk is run by the MC and host. While it may relate to your talk, it is separate)
Each hour will be formatted as follows:
15-30 Interaction (run by MC and host)
Interaction may be speed networking, hot seat coaching, Q&As, or anything else.
Do not assume that the interaction block after your talk is for your Q&A, but if you do get a good flow going with the audience and they are highly engaged, I may choose to just let that keep going if the vibe is good.
All presentations will be recorded.
Any speakers who achieve the minimum number of opt-ins (which should be all of you, right?) will have their presentation shared out to the entire list of registrants in the days after the event.
Additionally, some videos may be shared out to attendees or others on my list for various reasons including promoting that speaker's affiliate link or program.
By applying to this summit, you are granting ConCardia, LLC and Michael Whitehouse full and irrevocable rights to all recordings made during the event. Event partners may also share and use the recordings at the discretion of ConCardia, LLC. These recordings may be edited and deployed in any way that we choose for the benefit of our audiences.
Speakers are expected to generate a minimum of 10 opt-ins. Swipe copy will be provided, or you can write your own copy. If you write really good copy, I'll share it with the other speakers and credit you.
In addition to traditional swipe copy, Guest Letters will be provided which you can share verbatim as a letter from the organizers to your audience.
If you bring in at least 25 opt-ins, event producer Michael Whitehouse will promote your affiliate offer to his entire list including all summit registrants. (After the event, a final leaderboard will be shared. It is up to you to send content to share to Michael. You must take advantage of this within 60 days of the conclusion of the event.)
By applying this this event, you are agreeing to the following:
1. Speaker hereby grants to Michael Whitehouse and Concardia, LLC the right to use his or her name, voice, appearance, likeness, image, words, participation, and title or professional designation, in whole or in part, in these Recordings and/or compilations and in any correspondence, publicity, advertising, promotional, or other derivative materials based on them. Michael Whitehouse and Concardia, LLC has no obligation to make use of the rights granted herein.
2. Speaker hereby grants Michael Whitehouse and Concardia, LLC the unconditional and irrevocable right to reproduce the Recording in any format, and to distribute, sell, prepare derivative works, advertise, and publicize the Recordings without compensation to Speaker, Michael Whitehouse and Concardia, LLC may edit the Recordings at her discretion. Michael Whitehouse and Concardia, LLC shall own the worldwide rights, title, and interest, including copyright in, and to, the Speaker’s Recording. However, the Speaker shall also retain the right to use his or her own Recording for any purpose.
3. Speaker, upon written request to Michael Whitehouse and Concardia, LLC, shall be provided with a copy of his or her Recording in electronic format.
4. Speaker agrees to promote the event to their audience by email, social media, or any other method to generate a minimum of 10 opt-ins with a goal of over 25.
5. Speaker is permitted to make a FREE offer during his or her talk.
6. Speaker represents that he or she has the full right, power, and authority to grant this release and to perform all of the provisions thereof. Speaker acknowledges that in the event of a breach or alleged breach with respect to the terms and provisions hereof, that Michael Whitehouse and Concardia, LLC shall not take any legal action, but will be very disappointed and will record such breach in the official records.
7. Speaker agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Michael Whitehouse and Concardia, LLC from and against all claims, losses, expenses, and liabilities of every kind including reasonable attorney's fees arising out of the inaccuracy or breach of any provision of this Agreement. Speaker expressly releases Michael Whitehouse and Concardia, LLC from any and all claims arising out of the use of the material.
8. This release shall be governed in accordance with the State of Connecticut law, constitute the entire agreement of the parties, and may be amended only in writing.
Beyond the Stage: Strategies for Speaker Monetization to create more profitability and impact in your speaking gigs no matter if there free or paid!Andrea Merrill Speaker Monetization Strategist
Dive into the transformative world of 'Beyond the Stage', a captivating presentation designed for speakers who aspire to turn their passion into profit and their words into wisdom. Led by Andrea, a seasoned Speaker Monetization Strategist, this session unfolds the profound significance of monetizing your speaking engagements – not just for your financial growth but also for the profound impact it leaves on your audience. Andrea's enlightening approach interweaves the art of selling without feeling salesy, ensuring that each strategy feels authentic and engaging.
In this session, Andrea will share her vision on:
The Dual Power of Monetization: Discover why monetizing your speaking gigs is crucial, not only for boosting your revenue but also for changing lives. Learn how your audience benefits from the value you provide, taking away insights and actionable strategies from your presentations.
Andrea's Top 3 Monetization Strategies:
- Offer a Banner to One Freebie: Understand the art of offering a valuable freebie, like an eBook or presentation slide deck, to initiate the monetization journey seamlessly.
- Strategy #2: Engage with Interactive Polls or Q&A Sessions: Transform engagement into opportunity. Conduct interactive polls or Q&A sessions during your presentation, then offer a detailed analysis or exclusive content as a follow-up, leading participants into your funnel.
- Strategy #3: Post-Event Exclusive Content: Offer post-event content such as a detailed guide or a series of webinars exclusive to event attendees. This not only adds value but also encourages continued engagement with your brand.
The Art of Funnel Creation: Navigate the importance of having a streamlined, yet impactful funnel. Learn how to craft a journey for your audience that resonates with their needs, and understand why a well-thought-out funnel is pivotal for transforming attendees into clients.
The Critical Role of Email Marketing: Delve into the significance of email marketing within your funnel. Discover how effective email strategies can enhance your freebie delivery, deepen audience relationships, and significantly amplify your growth and monetization opportunities.
Top 5 Foundations for Growth:
- Brand Identity and Connection: Learn from Andrea's journey of creating a resonant brand with minimal resources, emphasizing the power of connection and authenticity.
- Building an Email List with a Magnetic Freebie: Uncover the strategy behind creating a compelling freebie that not only attracts but also retains clients, setting the foundation for a robust email marketing plan.
- Daily Marketing Blueprint - '45 Marketing Minutes': Andrea shares her blueprint for daily marketing activities that drive sales, authority, and momentum.
- Cohesion Across Marketing Channels: Understand the importance of consistent messaging and branding across all platforms to solidify your presence and growth.
- Collaboration and Networking: Discover the golden key to exponential growth through strategic collaborations and networking, fostering a community of mutual growth and support.
Join Andrea in 'Beyond the Stage' and embark on a journey where your speaking gigs transcend the conventional, morphing into powerful, profitable, and life-changing experiences. It's time to elevate your speaking career, one strategy at a time!Business Design +2Digital Marketing Email List Building +5How to grow a community and following from stageColleen Biggs Business Coach
Many of us wait until a stage is available for us to step onto to speak into the microphone. Yet, many leave the audience wanting more and there is nowhere for them to get more! What if you could learn how to build a following and community from the stage? What if those stages were your stages, that there wasn't a limit on how many times you could have that microphone in your hand?
In this informative presentation, you will learn the three easy steps.
Step 1: Have a reason for people to join your community
Step 2: Make it easy!
Step 3: Tell everyone about your community and your eventsMaximize Speaker Optins with a Free Offer Tripwire FunnelJustyna Nielsen Virtual Event Strategist
How virtual event hosts and speakers can maximize their lost optins and generate sales from their Free Offer with a highly converting, tripwire funnel.BusinessVirtual EventsPodcasting: Your Stage as an Industry ExpertLaurie-Ann Murabito Master Coach, Author, Speaker
460 Million listeners makes podcasting a powerful platform to establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry. From interviewing past clients to demonstrating your unique methodology to offering valuable insights. You control the narrative and broadcast yourself as an authority that prospects can rely on. And you can build this stage today.
You’ll learn how to:
Business Marketing +1Communication Training Public Speaking +1How to Increase Sales With Public Speaking, Even If You’re Not Famous (Yet!)Majeed Mogharreban THE Expert Speaking Guru
- Showcase your expertise while building deep relationships with your listener
- Use storytelling to handle the time, money and belief objections your buyers might be having so that you convert quicker
- Give your listener a front row seat what it’s like to work with you and giving them an unforgettable experience
Facts tell. Stories sell.
This masterclass is for entrepreneurs on a mission to spread their message and grow their business quickly with a signature talk that sells.
And now, you can speak online, to and from anywhere in the world, and your videos continue to speak for you while you sleep.
From a struggling motivational speaker (I know, the irony) to a 7-figure speaking coach for integrative health practitioners, Majeed will share how to leverage speeches, workshops, signature talks, and webinars to build and grow your practice! You’ll also learn how public speaking can quickly establish your authority and reputation as a health influencer.
Set yourself up with a winning signature talk to attract prequalified clients and get paid for your expert knowledge.
What we’ll cover ...
-How to harness the secrets of high-income speakers and smart entrepreneurs who use the power of public speaking to build influence, momentum, and sales for your health practice.
-You'll get access to the "Success Story Framework"
This is by far the most effective story-framework to create an engaging talk to fill your practice with ideal clients and be seen as a recognized health leader.
-Go from “sweaty palms" and "crickets” to having an epic signature talk that wows the audience and the event organizer (and gets you invited back or recommended as a speaker to other events)!
-Learn the "Personal Brand Story Framework"
This simple yet powerful framework clearly communicates how YOU are a stand-out expert that gets results for clients and fuels word of mouth.Let's Get Engaged: 10 Ways to Wow Your Audience and Keep Them EngagedMarla Press Founder of Speakers on Fire Academy
Get your audience (of one or many) to be so engaged with you that when you propose a long-term relationship (haha a marriage of sorts), they say “yes.”
Your audience doesn't just want information, they want engagement, entertainment, and connection. The old ways of speaking that ask people to raise their hand or put something in the chat are not as effective anymore and not much fun. Marla will show you 10 ways to engage your audience that keep their attention, and keep them wanting more.
Put a ring on it! When you make an offer, don't propose a plastic ring. Offer a shiny ring in a package from Tiffany's that is exciting, enticing, valuable, and they know what they are getting with that “ring” (offer).
When you engage your audience and fire them up, you will be a speaker on fire and attract clients, wealth, and joy.Business Entertainment & Art +3Marketing Presentation Skills +7The Missing Piece: Don't Build a Speaking Business Without itMarty Dickinson The Business Longevity Guy
Join Marty Dickinson, the founder of Speakers Speak LIVE, for an exclusive presentation titled, "The Missing Piece: Don't Build a Speaking Business Without it." Marty, also known as the "Business Longevity Guy," has built three businesses almost entirely through speaking over the past 27 years. In this engaging presentation, he will share the one thing all successful speakers possess and few will reveal as the true secret to the sustained growth of their speaking business.Business Marketing +1Marketing Business +12How anyone can be a speaker of influence!Renée Cooper Speaker, Transformative Speaking Coach
Renee‘s message helps and can people in any industry and to anyone who’s said, I hate speaking. As money is being left on the table because of a lack of communication skills, and as people are not getting the promotions they deserve, Renée arms her listeners with the tools to learn about connection, authenticity and how that can lead to being of influence, each and every time.Stage Stress to Stage Strength: Mastering the Quick Shift ZoneTerry Wildemann Intuitive Business Consultant and Healer
In the intense moments before stepping into the spotlight, even the most experienced speakers can feel the surge of stage stress. "Stage Stress to Stage Strength: Mastering the Quick Shift Zone" is a 15-minute deep dive designed to transform your pre-performance anxiety into a powerful stage presence that captivates and inspires.
What You'll Gain:
Insight into Anxiety: Understand how stage stress operates, why it affects so many, and the powerful impact it can have on your performance.
Introducing the Quick Shift Zone: Discover the revolutionary 5-minute QS Zone technique, which shifts your mental state from anxious to stellar performer with ease and poise.
Practical Stress Management: Take away a toolkit of quick, effective strategies to mitigate stress in the moments leading up to your performance, ensuring you're calm, collected, and ready to shine.
Cultivating Resilience: Leave with actionable steps and a challenge to practice the QS Zone, reinforcing your pathway to consistently confident and compelling performances.
Who Should Attend:
This power-packed session is tailored for speakers, performers, and professionals who seek to break through the barrier of stage stress and step into an aura of authenticity and strength. Whether you're leading a talk, presentation, or performance, this presentation will provide you with the strategies to harness your stress and use it to fuel your success.
Join the Shift:
Don't let nerves dictate the quality of your time on stage. Embrace the transformative journey from "Stage Stress to Stage Strength" and master the art of the QS Zone to elevate every aspect of your public presence. Ready to dominate the stage? This talk is your first step to turning the tension into a standing ovation-worthy performance!
Business Leadership +1Business Intuition +3